UAS (Unmanned Aircraft System) / Drone Services
HTA employs both fixed-wing and rotor type drones thus affording our clients multiple documentation and information gathering options for their projects. Our MAVinci Topcon Sirius Pro delivers highly accurate aerial mapping results, achieving 5 cm accuracy without Ground Control Points (GCP). Sirius Pro uses GNSS RTK, in combination with precision timing technology to determine the exact location for each of the positions at which a photo is taken thereby allowing the image locations to be used as the equivalent of GCPs. Our YUNEEC Typhoon HEXA with CGO3 + 360 Camera offers cutting edge 4K video and HD photographic aerial imaging. The hexa-rotor design offers better flight stability and more precise control and it affords an unobstructed 360 degrees of video and photographic shooting. These options will allow our clients the best possible results during inspection and data collection activities.
Hampton Technical Associates, Inc. operate under an FAA 333 Exemption for performing low altitude aerial surveys commercially. Additionally, our UAS’s are registered with the FAA and are fully insured.
Examples of Uses
- 3D Feature Extraction / Contour Generation
- Digital Elevation Modeling
- Civil Engineering Design Mapping
- Asset Monitoring / Structure Inspections
- Job Site Safety Monitoring
- Job Site Progress Mapping
- Employing a drone is a safer and cheaper alternative to utilizing ground crews, ATV’s, or manned aircraft.
- Ability to scan and accurately measure a wide range of land types over difficult and sometimes inaccessible terrain.
- The gathered images or scans are processed with current software to create the files needed to produce requested deliverables such as topographic surveys, volume calculations, as-built surveys and the ability to photographically monitor construction site activities.
- The ease, speed and amount of data collection allows for in-depth analyzation of the information gathered.